Consistent Benchmark Performance, Unmatched Delivery to Partners
Starlight raises the bar in thoroughbred partnerships. With one of the most impressive records in the sport of thoroughbred racing, Starlight has achieved consistent success in the past 21 years with 31 Grade 1 wins and we are still counting. This remarkable accomplishment wouldn’t be possible without our vision and values, the commitment of our expert staff, and our team’s unwavering dedication to competing and (and winning!) at the highest of levels.
What they’re saying about Starlight Racing
Sets the gold standard
The Key to a successful partnership is having a professional team looking out for your interests. Jack Wolf and Starlight Racing’s continued success sets the gold standard in Thoroughbred partnerships.
It is an exciting time to be a part of the Starlight Racing team, our partnership includes coast-to-coast racing and the unique opportunity to join our newest venture, Starlight Australia. Our horses are elite and they have garnered a slew of accolades over the last 21 years:
- 7 Eclipse Awards, including 2 Horse-Of-The-Years
- A Triple Crown winner (Justify, 2018)
- 84 stakes victories and counting
- A Hall of Fame induction (Ashado 2014)
- 2 Kentucky Derby wins:
- Justify 2018
- Authentic 2020
- A Kentucky Oaks Winner:
- Ashado 2004
- 3 Breeder’s Cup World Championships Wins:
- Ashado, Distaff 2004;
- Shanghai Bobby, Juvenile 2012
- Authentic, Classic 2020
Join us, and let this become a part of your history too, this is only a short-list of statistics we’re very proud of! We strive to achieve these records every year, consistently providing our partners with the highest level of prestige and amenity available in the industry.
Starlight is consistently rated in the top five on the list of North American Owner’s, specifically in terms of syndicate performance. In the past 21 years, we have also been ranked in the overall top 100 owner’s rankings in North America. According to Ownerview.com’s 2020 syndicate-rankings, Starlight Racing was first in the country in terms of total earnings.
Over our 21 year history, our horses finish in the money, on average, 52% of the time. In 2019, we finished 51% in the money, and in 2018 we finished a whopping 71% in the money. As owners, our 22% win average over a 21-year period is impressive!
Our Outstanding Champions
- Harlan’s Holiday Our standout colt that started it all: multiple Grade 1 winner and 2003 Dubai World Cup runner-up with $3.6M in earnings. Sold to WinStar Farm. In 2012 Harlan's Holiday was America's Champion Juvenile Sire, posting an all-time record for two-year-old earnings for a North American stallion.
- Ashado Our multiple Grade 1 winning, two-time Eclipse Award winner for 2004 Champion Three-year Old Filly 2005 Champion Older Mare, and 2014 Hall of Fame inductee with $3.9M in earnings. Sold to Sheikh Mohammed for $9M, making her a world record holder for a broodmare prospect!
- Justify Eclipse 2018 Horse of the Year, 2018 winner of the Triple Crown. Undefeated. Multiple Grade 1 winner. Earnings of $3.8M. Undefeated.
- Authentic Eclipse 2020 Horse of the Year, 2020 winner of the GI Kentucky Derby and the GI Breeders' Cup Classic. Also winner of the G1 Haskell Invitational, G2 San Felipe Stakes, and Grade 3 the Sham Stakes earning him the 2020 Eclipse for 3-Year-Old male.
- Octave Our multiple Grade 1 winning filly, and 2007 Kentucky Oaks runner-up with $1.7M in earnings. Sold to Sheikh Mohammed for $4M.
- Take the Points Our multiple Grade 1 winning colt with earnings of $943K. Standing stud in Saudi Arabia.
- Hilda’s Passion Our multiple graded stakes winner and winner of Grade 1 Ballerina Stakes, with $740K in earnings. Sold to Katsumi Yoshida for $1.2M
- Shanghai Bobby Our 2012 Eclipse Award winning and undefeated 2-year-old champion with $1.8M in earnings. Sold to Coolmore North America/Ashford Stud.
- Audible NYTB 2018 Champion Three Year Old Male, Grade 1 winner of Florida Derby. Earnings of $2.1M
- Improbable Multiple graded stakes runner, Grade 1 winner of the Los Alamitos Cash Call Futurity. Earnings of $920K
- Neolithic The highest earner by Harlan’s Holiday. Neolithic is a multiple graded stakes earner. $2.3M in earnings. Sold to Pleasant Acres Stallions.
(With more than thirty stakes and listed champions, please click here to view our full roster.)
Post Racing, Breeding Careers
Starlight’s influence doesn’t end with our horses' racing careers. Our equine graduates often have performance records strong enough to send them on to internationally successful breeding careers at some of the most historic, and respected breeding operations in the world. Spendthrift, Winstar Farm, Coolmore Stud, Airdrie, and Claiborne Farm are a few of those lauded organizations. These are breeding organizations that continually strive to improve, are always at the cutting edge, and we’re proud to work with them.
This success has allowed our horses to stand in the United States, Japan, Saudi Arabia, and South America. Our horses become top-performing broodmares and sires, and they're influencing the quality of breeding within the sport at its highest echelons.
Reach For The Stars: Joining Our Partnership
We are a benefactor the sport of horse racing, and a custodian of the amazing athletes we admire, the Thoroughbreds. We are serious about preserving both the breed and the sport, we have made it an essential part of our mission, vision, and values.
When to Join*
Our partner buy-in season opens from May to July, and closes in August. Please let us know of your interest in joining Starlight or StarLadies any time of year, and join our newsletter to keep abreast of share-availability, news, and events.
*Buy-ins occur on a yearly basis and are for partnership horses purchased in that year only. This allows us to keep our partner-base intimate while passing on the greatest benefit possible to our partners. Please also see our FAQs page to learn more about pricing and how our model works.