An Exclusive Partnership for Women
Welcome to StarLadies, where we celebrate the power and excitement of women in the world of thoroughbred racing! At StarLadies, we’re not just a group of racing enthusiasts; we’re a community of strong, passionate women who come together to share our love for the sport and create unforgettable experiences.
Laurie Wolf founded StarLadies Racing in 2013 with a vision to unite female racing enthusiasts in a fun atmosphere where they could enjoy thoroughbred ownership together within the United States and abroad. StarLadies Racing provides an ownership experience like no other. Our StarLadies and StarFillies are what make our partnership so special.
“Maybe it seems like it’s male-dominated, but from the top to the bottom, we’ve got women that own farms, do breeding, do consigning, work the sales companies, are owners, trainers or assistant trainers,” says Wolf. “There are so many women in this industry. We’re here and we all know we’re here. It’s like the outside world doesn’t really notice that. We are trying to get that across to the next generation—helping them, giving them a leg up, giving them contacts.”Laurie Wolf, Managing Partner of StarLadies Racing. “StarLadies Racing: Meet The Women Behind This Female-Only Horse Ownership Group” Saratoga Living, July 30, 2018.
We are tremendously proud of our StarLadies stable, AKA “StarFillies”, and we strive to achieve and even surpass these numbers every year. Below are our stats from 2014-2021.
Our Outstanding Fillies
- Eskenformoney Career earnings: $757,616. Our multiple graded stakes winning and stakes placed filly that put StarLadies on the map. She won the Rampart Stakes and the Turnback The Alarm Stakes. Both are grade III races. Our StarLadies team cheered her on to placing in more than a half dozen graded stakes. Quite simply, she was amazing!
- Firsthand Report Career earnings: $331,395. Our filly that romped over the boys in the Alphabet Soup Stakes. StarLadies felt quite satisfied after that very special win! Firsthand Report’s major wins include the Alphabet Soup Stakes, the Power by Far Stakes and the Lyphard Stakes.
- Takechargedelilah Career earnings: $260,390. An Ohio-bred (our colt Harlan’s Holiday, was also an Ohio-bred,) Takechargedelilah was the winner of one of Ohio’s top stakes: the Best of Ohio Distaff.
- Tonasah Career earnings: $196,660. Tonasah is our multiple graded stakes placed filly who ended her career with a win. She went on to broodmare-duty with Stonestreet, selling in the Keeneland November sale for $385,000. She was popularized by Paulick Report’s Natalie Voss, who wrote this endearing article.
- Orbolution Career earnings: $164,150. Our graded stakes–winning, and graded stakes-placed filly that was a Breeders Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf participant in 2017! She sold to Hinkle Farms at the Fasig-Tipton Summer Select for $325,000.
As you can see from our champions list, our fillies retire to some of the most respected breeding operations in the industry. It is thanks to fine mares like these, and the stud farms, that our breed and sport continue to improve.
As stated above, StarLadies is indeed for THE ladies! We are an exclusive partnership that takes pride in maintaining a small and intimate group of women each year. This ensures that every StarLady owns a significant stake in each filly, allowing you to truly enjoy the ownership experience. Keeping our partnership between 10-12 women helps us to create an incredible journey that we embark on together, experiencing high-end racing and travel experiences that go beyond the ordinary.
So, whether you’re a seasoned racing aficionado or new to the world of Thoroughbred racing, we invite you to join us and become a StarLady. Experience the thrill of Thoroughbred ownership, forge lifelong friendships, and be a part of an empowering community of women who share a common love for the Thoroughbred. At StarLadies, we’re all about making the sound of hooves hitting the track even more fun than before!
For more information please reach out to [email protected]
Join Us & Reach for the Stars
StarLadies is a benefactor of racing and a custodian of the Thoroughbred horse. We are committed to preserving the breed and the sport for future generations. Our partners share that perspective, and they believe in and love our sport as much as we do. Joining StarLadies means becoming part of our racing family, and connecting with like-minded women who share our passion.
We Reach For The Stars on and off the racetrack. Laurie Wolf and our dedicated team, ensure that when our fillies or mares retire that they find their forever home, whether that be on a stud farm or in a second career.
As a partner, we hope you’ll join us at the historic tracks we run at. When StarLadies partners get together, we cheer our fillies on and make lasting friendships along the way. We’re serious about our horses but we’re serious about our fun as well!
If you are ready to reach for the stars and achieve greatness, please contact elinor@starlightracing for more information on how to become a StarLadies Partner.
StarLadies horses compete at premier meets across the country, and now the globe. In 2019, Laurie Wolf created two new divisions: StarLadies France and StarLadies Australia, teaming up with Anna Seitz and It’s All About the Girls Racing.
In 2019, our inaugural year also marked StarLadies’ first trip to France. It was a fantastic trip with the Ladies getting to watch our filly train while taking in the sights and the gastronomic delights. We had an all-around, insider’s trip visiting with our French counterparts!
StarLadies does not currently have any horses in training in France, but we will continue to look overseas for future bloodstock purchases. Either way, we can still enjoy French Racing with our lovely StarLadies partners with one of our exclusive partnership trips!
This Investor Guide by Aushorse, highlights many of the reasons that Australia has proven to be such an attractive investment arena for global bloodstock players.
These international endeavors are a truly unique and innovative syndicate-experience. We feel fortunate to be at the forefront of it, and have enjoyed starting these new segments developing champion race horses.
When to Join*
Our partner buy-in season opens from May to July, and closes in August. Please let us know of your interest in joining Starlight or StarLadies any time of year, and join our newsletter to keep up to date on our news, events, and milestones!
*Buy-ins occur on a yearly basis and are for partnership horses purchased in that year only. This allows us to keep our partner-base intimate while passing on the greatest benefit possible to our partners. Please also see our FAQs page to learn more about pricing and how our model works.